party aftermath

Many thanks for all your lovely comments and good wishes for Rory's 50th birthday party. We all had a very happy afternoon eating, drinking and seeing old friends and family. All the hard work and organisation paid off, it all looked pretty and there was enough to eat and drink... times a zillion! Everyone got sent home with four-pint containers of milk, cartons of cream, tubs of rice salad, left-over scones and extra quiche.

The strawberry cream teas were hugely popular and we all scoffed loads. Pimms went down well too.

Now we're all shattered but the house still looks fab and there's a cellar full of wine and I haven't had to cook for three days!

I thought I'd share this last picture with you to make you laugh as it did me...

After days of polishing, cleaning and scrubbing the house looked a picture. Bunting up, fairy lights twinkling, food ready, drinks ready to pour, five minutes to go, and what do I suddenly see on the windowsill?

This attractive little display, left over from breakfast, tucked away and forgotten...

Nice.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am glad your party went with a bang... and not cooking for 3 days..now that would be lovely...not to mention a cellar full of wine.. well done... you deserve a rest now for sure!
ginny x

Jackie said...

So you're human!
I love that feeling when everywhere is still tidy and you can relax,
well done you.
Pity about the weather.

Gigibird said...

The photo of the dirty cups and banana skin made me chuckle.... I'm pleased everything else went to plan and fun was had by all.

Frances said...

Oh, the party sounds so grand.

That windowsill photo really is funny. How our eyes can glide past a certain view until ....

Glad that you captured the sill in a photo, and that you were able to avoid post-party cooking for quite a while.

Best wishes, Sue. xo

DavidNo said...

If 'Entitled to An Opinion' is first on the list of this years books - does that make it book of the year?
And it's only Setember!
David Nolan

hens teeth said...

So pleased it all went well!

Gilly said...

I KNOW it went well! And I laughed about the banana skin - wonder who left it there......?

walter and me said...

I bet no-one else noticed the banana skin and cups.... glad you had a fabulous time!

Diane said...

Ive got my big 5 0 happening next week. I was going to have a party, but other events seem to have hijacked my plans, so I have been let off with all the hard work this time!! I think i'm just going to party my way through the whole of my 50th year instead!! Everybody looks as if they had a great time - Was ther any Pimms left?

A time to dance said...

I think you could have found worse at my house!!! Can I just check...it is next saturday that we are missing isnt it...panic panic...glad you had a lovely party...

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

I love the photos and am so glad it all went well. I love celebrations. No matter how much work they are and how often you wonder why you let yourself in for it all, they are always worth it in the end!
And, like you, I love the aftermath!